Friday, May 20, 2016

Casual Friday


This denim pencil skirt from White House Black Market has become a workhorse in my wardrobe.  When I bought it I though it would just be a weekend skirt, but styled correctly, it looks professional enough that I can wear it to work on Fridays too.  The a dark wash, pencil skirt style, and small slit in the front all help elevate it to work appropriate. The denim has a lot of stretch in it so it's comfortable all day long also.


I've paired it with this white and beige chevron stripe blouse by Laundry, and this orange J Crew collarless blazer. I've accessorized with my Celine Micro Luggage bag, Hermes belt, and these navy suede Stuart Weitzman wedges.

I kept seeing these navy wedges on Princess Kate and after a little research (Kate's favorite shoes) I was able to find them.  They are my first pair of shoes in this brand.  I originally bought them in my usual size 7M, but they were too long and narrow. I exchanged them for a 6.5 wide and they fit well. I've since read reviews that this brand tends to run narrow. They took a couple of wears to break in, the outside edge of the shoe rubbed against the top of my foot, but I now wear them without any trouble.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment