Monday, May 9, 2016

Trunk Club #1

There is a personal stylist here in Houston that I've used before.  I hired her for a consultation for the first time ten years ago.  She came into my closet, made me get rid of a bunch of stuff, and then took me shopping for everything I was missing.  It was a great experience.  I've since had her come help my husband too, and even my sister has hired her.  A good expert in any field is usually hard to find and is often easily worth the cost.



In this digital age virtual stylists keep popping up.  I've tried a few: Stitch Fix, MM La Fleur, Keaton Row, and most recently Trunk Club.



Trunk Club has been around for a long time.  Originally they just serviced men.  I actually found out about it because my husband started using them.  They have recently been purchased by Nordstrom and they now help women too!



It's easy to get started.  You just fill out a little bit online and then your stylist gives you a call to get a feel for what you need and then she sends you a trunk.  I was a little nervous about the call (introverts worst nightmare), and almost didn't sign up because of it, but it ended up not being stressful at all, and it only lasted a couple of minutes.


Since I work in a very conservative office, I told her I'm always looking for more work wear.  I also let her know that I am going on a vacation this summer to Northern Europe, so I need summer clothes that are a little warmer, which is not something I own at all!



My stylist, Sheila, then curated a few items for me.  I got to check them out on the app before they were sent just in case she was way off the mark.  A few days later a trunk was delivered to my doorstep.  I had 10 days to try them in in my own house, looking in my own mirror, and styling the items with my own items.  I decided what to keep and what to send back.  When I was done I just packet up what I wanted to return in the same box and UPS came by to pick it up.  So easy!


Here are a few items that came in my trunk:
Seamed A-Line Dress by Tahari


Tahari Aline dress - $128
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/tahari-seamed-a-line-dress-regular-petite/3501047
It comes in 12 colors, and it comes in petites.
My stylist sized up one size for me, how did she know?, and it fit perfectly.  Tahari is one of my go to brands, and this dress did not disappoint.



Attilio Giusti Leombruni Ankle Wrap Wedge Sandal by AGL
Attilio Giusti Leombruni Ankle Wrap Wedge Sandal $350
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/agl-attilio-giusti-leombruni-ankle-wrap-wedge-sandal-women/3854627?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=NICKEL
She sent these wedges.  They are totally cute, and comfy, but they are so reflective.  I could have literally used the straps as a mirror.  On, I felt a bit like Wonder Woman, so I sent them back.  They come in other colors though, black, nude, and blue snake skin.  If they go on sale I think I might buy them in the blue snake skin since they are so comfortable.




'The Angelina' Bootcut Jeans Midnight Swim by AG
AG 'The Angelina' Bootcut Jeans Midnight Swim  $168
http://shop.nordstrom.com/sr?origin=keywordsearch&contextualcategoryid=0&keyword=AG+%27The+Angelina%27+Bootcut+Jeans+Midnight+Swim


Sheila also sent me a new pair of blue jeans.  Up until now I've never ventured down the rabbit hole of designer jeans, worried that I would never come back up.  Well, thanks to Sheila, I had to try these on, and yes, there is a noticeable difference between designer jeans and the ones I've been wearing for the past 5 years.  Oh they are so soft, and there is so much stretch, yet they keep their shape.  She sent them in petite so they fit in the rise and the inseam. Once I put them on I couldn't take them off, so I definitely kept them.



What do you think about personal stylists like Trunk Club?  Have you ever used one?

No comments:

Post a Comment