Friday, August 12, 2016

Little White Dress


Every one is familiar with the "little black dress."  It's a wardrobe staple that is appropriate for just about any occasion.  Lately though, the little white dress has become just as popular. 

Hallie over at Corals + Cognac just did a great post on how to wear a little white dress five ways. Her post just happened to coincide with my latest Trunk Club delivery that included none other than a little white dress.  Hallie's post made me decide to keep it, so here's my first attempt at the now ubiquitous little white dress.



This dress is that wonderful ponte knit that looks professional, but stretches like a t-shirt and doesn't loose its shape.  Lucky for me it comes in comes in petites too, so it hits at mid-knee without alterations (I'm 5'3" for reference).  It's from Nordstrom via Trunk Club available here. (Read about my fun with Trunk Club here and here).

My coral blazer is a linen blend, so it's cool enough to wear all summer, but doesn't wrinkle like linen.  I got it last year at White House Black Market along with these shoes and belt.

Here are a couple of other go anywhere white dresses:
Jackie O Dress  - I've read lot's of good reviews about this dress and it comes in several colors
B00MCJSV4Y
Tahari Dress - One of my "go to" brands
B01G7VHB66

No comments:

Post a Comment