Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Pop of Pink

Last weekend all of our kids were away so hubby and I had a date day. We started out with the Heritage Society tour of the historical homes around Sam Houston Park. Then we went to the Menil Collection, and topped it off with a stop at the Rothko Chapel. It all seemed liked the kind of date you would do when you first started dating, not really a married couple outing, but it was more fun this way. I didn't have to pretend that all of that modern art was so inspiring. Instead we made fun of it together!

It was a hot day and I knew we'd be doing a lot of walking so I wanted to be cool and casual but still put together.  I decided on white shorts paired with this white and green tunic, and my Converse tennies.



The tunic is from Vineyard Vines. It is so light and breezy. The sleeves are a little long on me but they stay rolled and that gives a more casual look to the outfit. I really like the look of long sleeves with shorts.  It's usually so hot here though, that if you're wearing shorts, you probably want short sleeves too. This tunic is so lightweight though that it still works. 

While I was getting ready I kept wishing I had a white purse to carry. Thinking I would have to make do, I started just holding up bags to my outfit infront of the mirror and voilĂ ! This pink Kate Spade cross body ended up being perfect. The little bit of contrast just made me smile!

2 comments: