I got my latest Stitch Fix. I know some people get a box every month, but I only sign up for one about every six months. The big news this month is they are now styling men, so if you have a man in your life who could use some new pieces in his closet, sign him up!
If you're not familiar with Stitch Fix here's how it works:
- Start by filling out the Stitch Fix Style Profile and our personal stylists will handpick a selection of five clothing items and accessories unique to your taste, budget and lifestyle. You can buy what you like and return the rest (shipping is free both ways). Your style profile helps them understand your size, style, shape, budget and lifestyle. It takes maybe 10 minutes.
- Pick the date you’d like to receive your shipment - Select a delivery date from the calendar. At the time your Stylist selects your items, you will be charged a $20 styling fee. That $20 will be applied as a credit toward anything you keep from your shipment.
- Try everything on in the comfort of your home. They encourage you to try on everything our Stylists have picked for you because you never know what will look great on. Create new outfits by pairing what’s in your shipment with items that are already in your closet.
- Buy what you like and return the rest. Take three days to decide what you’ll purchase and what you’d like to send back. You’re only charged for items you choose to keep when you check out. If you buy all five items, you get 25% off the entire purchase!
- Return the items you don't want in our prepaid mailer and drop it into any USPS mailbox.
- Leave specific feedback on each item you receive. That way they are able to send you better selections when we know what did and didn’t work for you, and why. This is key, each box I've received has been better than the previous box.
I really like everything in this box. I could keep everything, but I usually try to keep just one or two things each time.
The first thing I unpacked was this Catania Knit Jacket. If you've been following me for more than a week then you know how I love jackets. This one is cute with a waterfall collar. It's knit so it feels more like a cardigan, and offers some warmth - great for fall/winter. It's a little too long in the sleeves for me, but that's an easy fix, and it has really pretty piping on the back.
Next up is this black with white polka dot tunic. It's light and airy so it would be a great year round top that I could wear on its own in warm weather and layer in cold weather. It's such a cheerful shirt even in black and white. It has a split neck and tab 3/4 sleeves. I love that it is versatile, I could wear it with jeans or shorts for a more casual look. I could also pair it with a black skirt and blazer with bright heels for work.
They also sent a pair of purple jeans. They seem more like jeggings since the front pockets are faux, and they are very stretchy and form fitting. This is a great color for fall. I even recently bought a tunic at Nordstrom in the same color that they would go great with.
The second top included is this leopard shell. It is darling, but I already have one...or 3...just like it. So, I'll send it back, but it is cute. Again its versatile. It would be cute under a black blazer, or under a jean jacket.
My last item is this black and green color block dress. It is made of Ponte knit that I'm always raving about. Ponte is a really thick knit that is stretchy and comfortable but holds its shape really well. I really like the color blocking; the long vertical lines are very sliming on. Unfortunately it was just a little too snug on me, and therefore didn't look great in its own, but I have a jacket in a similar green and the dress looked cute with the jacket. Stitch Fix now has an option where you can exchange the items for a different size if you still want what they sent, but it doesn't fit right.
So what do you think I should keep? I like the purple jeans and don't have anything like them. I love jacket, but this one seems too casual for work so it would just be a weekend jacket. The polka-dot shirt makes me smile and I don't have any anything like it either.
I use affiliate links in this blog. That means each time you click on a link to a product I get a few cents, even if you don't purchase anything. I have a full time job and I keep this blog purely for fun. All proceeds I make here I donate to charity, so please click away and know it's for a great cause! Many thanks!