Monday, October 17, 2016

Stylebook Closet Update

I've gotten some requests for an update on my Stylebook Closet App statistics. You can see my 30 Day update here, and my initial review of the app here.  I've now used the app every day for 6 months and I still love it. 

If you aren't familiar with Stylebook yet, here's the rundown. If you know it and love it just skip down to my Updates.  It's an app where you can keep track of all of your clothes, create outfits, and keep track of what you've worn when.  If you love data as much as you love fashion you will love this app! If you struggle to come up with new outfits, you'll love this app.  And if you tend to wear the same outfits over and over and want to break out of that habit, you'll love this app.

Getting everything thing uploaded initially is an arduous task. You have to take a picture of everything, and if the background isn't right you'll have to manually edit the photo (I offer some tips here, and there are some tips on their website here as well). Once you have it up and running though it is easy to keep up with. As I buy new things for my real closet and add them to my virtual closet app I just copy the picture from online and add it, it's much easier that way, and often looks better too.

I've also started using the app to track my clothes budget. Whenever I get something new I type in the notes section the month and year of the purchase. At the end of the month I just search for that month and year combo and I instantly see everything I added that month. 

UPDATES
583: Total items in the app
133: Number of items never worn since I started tracking in April (22.4%)
1474: Number of outfit combinations I've created using my own clothes, that is 4 years worth!
62: Number of times I've carried my black Prada hobo, my most worn item, my LV is 2nd at 59
43: Number of blazers in my closet
31: Number of skirts I own
92: Pairs of shoes I have, 38 pairs are heels
61: Necklaces I've worn
13: Handbags I carry

My never worn list is still pretty long at 133 items, but in my defense, a lot of that list is cold weather items. It's still getting up to the 90's here, so except for the few things I wore in Northern Europe over the summer I haven't had an opportunity to wear them. I also have about 20 items for Rodeo season. Yes, that's a thing here in Houston. The Rodeo comes to town for 3 weeks in March, and it calls for a distinctively western wardrobe! 

Some of the other items on the never worn list include 3 white, long sleeve, button down shirts. This app has taught me that I apparently buy these classic shirts, but never wear them, so I'm not going to buy any more. I really love the classic look of a crisp white shirt on others on Instagram and Pinterest, but in reality I'm very uncomfortable in button down shirts and they don't compliment my body type.

I diligently work my Never Worn list.  I really want to get that list down to 0!  There is no point in having something that I never wear, especially since I have 583 items, and 1474 outfits! So each morning when I get dressed I pick out something from that list and give it a go.  If I can't make it work into something I want to wear it goes in the donate pile. 

Here's what I came up with today using that strategy.  This darling top has been on my never worn list since April!  I bought it last year at White House Black Market.  I kept trying to wear it for work, but it just doesn't work under a blazer with the flap down, and with it zipped all the way up it is unflattering on me. I tried it today with cropped jeans and liked it!  Today was the fall festival at my daughters school, this was casual, comfortable, cool (yes it is still 90 here), and easy.  Score!


Recreate the Look:
TOP: White House Black Market, Current version
JEANS: White House Black Market, similar with leather trim but darker wash
SHOES: Converse, similar
BAG: mine is an unknown brand, really cute one with red handles, really cute one with pink accents

If you happen to live somewhere with fall weather you could throw a cute jacket over this and be good to go.  I'm in love with this olive green suede one.


This link was shared on:
www.stylenudge.com
notdeadyetstyle
notdressedaslamb.com
morepiecesofme.com
stylelixir.com
twopeasinablog.com
http://getyourprettyon.com
http://50isnotold.com
http://www.theblendedblog.com/
http://www.sydneyfashionhunter.com/
http://colorandgrace.com/
http://www.themummychronicles.com/
http://www.shoppingmycloset.com/


 

 

8 comments:

  1. I love the way you track your outfits - so organized. And this top is for sure cute! xo

    Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patti! And thanks for hosting the link up!

      Delete
  2. sporty and lux, I really like it
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat idea and app, thanks for sharing!
    Thank you for linking up to "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me" link up
    Rachel xo
    http://garaytreasures.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style. What a great top!

    ReplyDelete