Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Congac Leather Skirt Part I Burgundy

This is the first a three part series on this leather flared skirt.  But first, there are a ton of sales going on this weekend and some that have already started.  White House Black Market is having their Friends and Family sale – 25% off your order with free shipping. It officially starts Friday, but if you're on their mailing list you got the email with the code today.  Sephora has 20% off starting Friday too. Ann Taylor has 40% off begining Thursday.  J Crew has 25% off your purchase going on now, and Nordstrom has 40% off fall clearance items now through Friday.  If you've been waiting to buy something it might be a good time.
I bought this cognac leather skirt at White House Black Market last year and have loved it.  I've worn it to work, I've worn it to luncheons, and I've worn it out to diner.  It is available again this year but in a buttery soft beige suede. It is on sale now for $160, down from $300, and with your 25% off on top of that it is a great deal, but sizes are going fast!
This style of skirt is so flattering on hourglass and pear shape bodies.  It isn't slimming on my body shape, which is why I usually stick to straight or pencil skirts, but it is a fun change.  I love the way it moves, and the leather adds some variety to my wardrobe. 
For my first look I've paired it with a burgundy blazer and an animal print tank.  This combination would look great with the current beige version of the skirt as well. I'm wearing burgundy pumps to match my blazer as I usually do. And, I accessorized with a long necklace to lengthen my torso. 
My next post will show this skirt with an emerald green blazer.

 Recreate the look:
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment