Friday, November 4, 2016

Breaking the Rules





I'm breaking the rules again today! I'm wearing white after Labor Day and I'm not matching my shoes to my hemline.

I've posted about this ponte knit white dress before (see initial review here).  You can see it styled here paired with gray, and here for a summery look paired with a coral blazer.  I recently wore it with a jean jacket, turquoise belt and booties for a very casual look that I will post soon.  It's been a great addition to my closet.  I was hesitant when I purchased it.  My stylist from Trunk Club suggested it, and I would never have considered it on my own.  White goes with everything though.  It can look as formal or casual as you want. And, contrary to passé rules, it can easily be worn all year long.

My cropped orange jacket is from J Crew.  It's been in my closet for a couple of years. It is made from a light wool herringbone fabric which helps make my white dress fall appropriate.  You can see it previously styled here with a houndstooth skirt, and here with a denim skirt.  The collarless style is so elegant and easy to wear.

Another passé rule is that your shoes and hemline should match.  Personally, I love the look of matching my shoes to my blouse or jacket, especially if it's a bright color.  I recently purchased these suede orange pumps to go with this jacket and a few other orange things in my closet.  I get lots of complements when I wear them, so that just reinforces my own "match shoes to jacket" rule!





Recreate the look:
White dress: Similar white sheath dress from Nordstrom
Orange pumps: Exact Marc Fisher Pumps
Orange blazer:  similar collarless orange jacket
Purse:  similar pre-owned one that's brown and black


This post was shared on :
http://thepleatedpoppy.com/category/what-i-wore/
http://50isnotold.com
http://notdeadyetstyle.com
http://www.jolynneshane.com

3 comments:

  1. Love this professional look! :)

    And the matching jacket and heels.. very stylish! :)

    YouTube | Blog: Geekette in High Heels | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that color on you! Looks great! Enjoying reading about your fashion choices. I am posting as anonymous but this is your friend with the "hair".

    ReplyDelete