Friday, May 20, 2016

If at First You Don't Succeed, Try Black

Sometimes the outfits I put together in my Stylebook Closet App look better on my phone than on my body.  I intended to wear this outfit today, but when I put it on the top and the blazer just didn't look good together.
While the colors in the picture look like a perfect match, in real life they clashed, and the silkiness of the blouse didn't coordinate with the twill-type fabric of the blazer.  I wanted to wear the same general outfit with the blazer and skirt, so after trying 3 other blouses with this outfit I ended up in this, a black button down.  Black is so good at coming to the rescue!


J Crew Campbell Jacket
Mossimo button down blouse with ruffles 
White House Black Market skirt (I had to size up)
Halogen Rockstud look alike shoes

Don't you love these shoes! I've been seeing these Valentino Rockstud shoes all over the blogger-sphere lately, but at $995 I knew I wouldn't be talking them home with me any time soon. I asked my Trunk Club Stylist, Sheila if she had anything close with a more friendly price tag, and she sent me these (here's the post about that trunk ). They are by Halogen and only about $80.
What I love about them, is that even though they are black and nude they wear just like a black shoe. The nude part just blends in with my skin and looks like I have on black shoe with some extra bling. I also have these similar shoes with the colors in reverse, that I love and get tons of complements on,  but they don't wear like a black or a nude shoe and are much more difficult to style (Last worn with this outfit).


No comments:

Post a Comment