Thursday, May 12, 2016

Trunk Club #2



I got my second trunk from Trunk Club, and it was really big!  My stylist, Sheila, put 14 things in there including 2 pairs of shoes, a purse, and a raincoat (which I asked for).
 
If you are unfamiliar with how Trunk Club works see my first post about it, or you can go directly to the Trunk Club website.

Trunk Cub is great for people who don't know what they want or for someone trying to breakout of a style rut.  It is also good for people who don't have the time and/or inclination to shop, and also for people who are trying to build their wardrobe.  If you're an avid do-it-yourselfer, know what you're looking for, or love to bargain hunt then you might be less thrilled with this service.

Here is my second trunk and the stacks of clothes included inside.  Doesn't it look like Christmas!










The rules are you have to try everything on, even if you don't think you like something. Then you keep what you like, return what you don't like.  There is no charge for shipping either way, and there is no styling fee, even if you don't keep everything.  And, it can all be done from an app on your phone.

Here's what I kept:

Michael Kors Raincoat $130
I told Sheila that I needed a new raincoat and she was so nice to send me 2 to choose from (the other was the Gingham Trim Double Breasted Hooded Coat by Laundry by Shelli Segal).  I loved this one, I think it will be perfect for my trip to northern Europe in July.


This light blue cashmere sweater by Theory was another keeper. It is the perfect color blue and will again be a good layering piece for my summer trip.


Finally I kept these pumps. I've been wanting a pair of Valentino's Rockstud pumps, but at $995, I just can't bring myself to buy them. I love the similar style of these and the price tag that's 1/10 of the originals. I'll get plenty of wear out of them.



I had trouble with fit of a lot of items in this trunk. Several items were just too small, and couple were too big. That wasn't a problem with my last trunk though. 

Here are a few of the things that I liked but ended up returning anyway. There were 2 pairs of black jeans - one skinny, one boot cut, both Paige Denim 'Transcend - Skyline' - that had a great cut, were nice and soft, with the right amount of stretch, but I just don't need them right now.
 'Transcend - Skyline' Bootcut Jeans Black Shadow by Paige Denim'Transcend - Skyline' Skinny Jeans Black Shadow by Paige Denim

She also included a pair on linen cargo pants that were actually really cute on, but not my style and oh the wrinkles! I almost kept the Tory Burch crossbody bag, but it seemed to be the wrong length for me and didn't lay flat.
Linen Blend Cargo Pants by Vince'Mini Thea' Crossbody Bag by Tory Burch

There was also this pair of white jeans that I really wanted to love, but it is so difficult to find a good pair of white jeans. The fabric in these was just too thin that every imperfection was amplified.

If you want to see what Sheila will send you, you can sign up here:
Trunk Club

No comments:

Post a Comment